Friday, December 14, 2012

Tuition Update

Chipped the Ice!


     I have $9,770 left to pay on my tuition. We've come a long ways since a foreboding total of $13,200! I have three months left to scrape up this amount, due on the first of March. I'm hoping I can make it. Spending money and uniform can come later, I just need this tuition cost to go away. I'm perfecting my letter that I'm going to send out to my local civic groups. 

     I got my flight itinerary in my email a couple of days ago. I'll be leaving March 19th at 12:15 PM (12:15) from LA and arriving in Tokyo on March 20th at 4:10 PM (16:10). I'm so excited to meet my new friend that I've made through the AFS Japan 2013-2014 Academic Year PARTICIPANTS group on Facebook! There are thirty spots available on the year trip to Japan, and I already know seven of them! It's amazing. Two are from Paraguay, and one girl is from France. I'm learning some Spanish in addition to French. I started learning French three years a go, but it's so cool to actually get to use it with a native! My state has a large Hispanic population, so I'm familiar with Spanish, but by no means fluent. I can't wait to get more members from around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment