Saturday, November 3, 2012

Great News!


Scholarship Update

     Unfortunately, I was not selected as a finalist for the two Japan scholarships; however, I was given $1,000 in financial aid from Global Leaders! Thank you so much! I will make sure to write a BIG thank you letter! Now I can easily pay my first tuition installment this month. I had a silent auction at a Halloween party and I was able to raise about $700 that night. Thanks to all of my friends who graciously bid and to Jill Phillips for helping me out so much. I didn't manage to get pictures of my artwork at the silent auction, but I have photos of others I can share. 



River Girls

16 x 20
Acrylic medium
Vietnam 



     This has to be one of my favorite paintings I've done. Most of my paintings are based on Asian culture and the Asian people. Depicted in River Girls are two Vietnamese women walking in a river together. This painting was bought for $200. This painting took me about two hours to paint. Prints are available if anyone would like to have one. 


 

                                                    Rain Girls

                                                                   (3) 8 x 16
                                                              Acrylic medium
                                                                    Vietnam

                                                         Hanbok

                                                                          16 x 20
                                                                  Acrylic medium
                                                                     South Korea 
 



                                                  Yasaka Jinja

                                                                       16 x 20
                                                               Acrylic medium
                                                                       Japan



     Those are a few of examples of what I paint. I have about $10,500 left of my tuition to pay. Wow, to think that number used to be $13,200! To think that with the help of friends, family, and Global Leaders I was able to cut down about $2,700! I was allowed time to raise my tuition until March 1st. Thank you AFS!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment